Wednesday, May 29, 2013

Last minute details

Tomorrow is our last day in San Diego- on one hand I am really excited to finally start our trip, but I am also sad to say goodbye to my family and friends (and the two best dogs ever).  Luckily, I am pretty sure I will still have Buddy hair on something I own for the entirety of the trip, and I can call/ email/ facetime as much as I want.  Still, it will be hard to say goodbye and I am going to miss everyone a lot!

Aside from that, Mark and I have been busy packing and wrapping things up and I wanted to post some pictures of the platform and what we have been up to as we get closer to leaving.  The platform will help us to have more storage, and also an option for sleeping if the weather is bad or we need a quick place to sleep.  

Buddy hanging out with us while we sort gear and build the platform.


Using some old carpet to make the platform a bit more comfy


The finished product!  It is more complex than it may appear.  Mark designed and built pretty much all of it and I was very impressed by his carpentry.  I also got to experience my first "we have to go back to Home Depot because we forgot something the first time" trip, which after years of hearing my parents say, I can now truly appreciate the inconvenience.


A trip to see sunset at Scripps with Doug.  Luckily we will see Doug in a couple months!  




And with that, the next post on here will be from the road!

Lauren

No comments:

Post a Comment