Thursday, October 17, 2013

DC Weekend

This past weekend, Mark and I drove out to DC to visit my older sister Maureen (Mo).  Mo has lived in DC for a few years now but this was my first trip out to see her.  Despite the government shutdown we still had a really good time and were able to see more than we anticipated (thank you angry protestors).  DC itself was really cool- I particularly liked the neighborhoods around the capitol, and all the monuments.  I was bummed that the museums were closed but we did get to do a lot of baking instead.  After checking out the local Farmer's Market, local apples in tow, Maureen and I baked up a really amazing apple pie (recipe here).  We also made some apple butter, roasted a chicken, baked chocolate chip cookies, and a few other dishes requiring an oven.  I definitely miss having an oven!

Having our own room, and taking showers without a time limit were some nice weekend luxuries.  It was a quick trip, but it was so good to see Maureen, and meet her new cat Freddie.

Now we are back in the Red, starting to feel in somewhat better shape.  The past couple of days it has been raining but we were still able to climb because some of the cliffs are so steep.  Pretty awesome!

Here are some pictures from our visit in DC.




















xoxo Mark and Lauren

2 comments:

  1. Great trip report and I love the pics, especially the ones from Eastern Market! I'm so glad that you guys made the big trip to see Maureen!

    ReplyDelete